Let’s be candid, nutrition is one of the hardest changes our [[companyame1]] members go through, but it’s also the most rewarding. What to eat in general has become more confusing and more ridiculous as new diets and crazes are regularly emerging.
Diets aren’t sustainable. Why? Because most diets focus on restricting something, like calories, carbs, or fat. Not only is this unhealthy, but also unwise. Our bodies are machines that need to be fueled the correct way to work properly. Starving your body of important nutrients is bad for your physical and mental health. In addition, research determined that only 1% of people who diet alone actually drop their excess weight, and more often, gain it all back and sometimes more.
Good nutrition is an important pillar of our program. Since our original 10-week challenge in 2001, Farrell's has had the same method when it comes to nutrition—keeping it uncomplicated! It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change in food consumption.
How we eat, what we eat, and the “ingredients” in our food have substantially changed over the years. We teach our members about making healthy choices and give them the tools and resources to be successful.
So, what makes Farrell's nutrition program unique?
- Food is fuel. This is the most important aspect of our nutrition program. Many people use food as an escape, a friend, or an indulgence. While it’s nice to indulge every once in a while, it’s become accepted in our society creating an epidemic of obesity. Our members are taught that food is fuel for our bodies and should be treated in that manner. Nothing more.
- We don’t count calories! Whew! Finally, a nutrition program that doesn’t count calories! We don’t concentrate on calories because a lot of foods have empty calories. Also, a food may be higher in calories, but have a higher fiber content and carb/protein ratio, which is more significant than the calories.
- The right formula. We follow a specific approach to figure out your carb/protein ratio for each meal based on your body composition. This helps you know how many carbs and how much protein you should be eating to fuel your body until your next meal or snack, keeping your body in “burn mode” rather than “store mode.” We also teach about good and bad fat. We need to include good fat in our diets as it provides needed nutrients and vitamins we can’t get from any other source.
- Eat less, but more often! Over the course of three hours after we eat, food enters our blood stream—known as blood sugar or your glycemic index. If too much fuel is taken in, our bodies go into “store mode” turning leftover sugars into fat. Too little and we start to starve our muscles. Our members have smaller, proportioned meals every three hours to top off the tank, so to speak, to keep their body in “burn mode.”
- Fun Day. This is what makes our nutrition program sensible. Farrell's Fun Day is one day during the week (usually Sunday) where our members are encouraged to celebrate their week’s successes. This is when they have those indulgences. You can eat what and how much you want on your Fun Day, as long as you go at your Level 10 during the week with your workouts and nutrition plan!
- Water. Our bodies are mostly made up of water, so drinking adequate water is essential to our complete health. Water keeps our body and muscles hydrated, as well as helps alleviate muscle soreness. Our members try to drink at least 10 glasses of water each day. Drinking a glass of water before eating will help fill you up faster, allowing you to keep portions in control.
So, you could spend loads of money on fad diets, specific meals that keep track of points, counting calories or cutting every favorite food from your meals.
Or for a fraction of the expense of a diet plan alone, you could sign up for Farrell's next 10-week session and learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and eat regular, good-tasting food! You’ll learn how to eat healthy and participate in intense workouts that burn fat, build muscle, and boost your confidence and energy.
Find a location to get more information about our comprehensive program and to sign up! You won’t believe how much you can transform in just 10 weeks with Farrell’s.
FYI—You can eat bread each day with the Farrell's program too!